Features and BenefitsRisk Assessment Sandbox
All regular members have free access to the unique Risk Assessment Sandbox (patent pending). The Sandbox makes it extremely easy to provide a graphic representation of your entire supply chain. The risk assessment results can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Meeting basic compliance requirements
- Providing a risk assessment of your services to your customers
- Providing a supplemental risk assessment to customs for established supply chains or links
Note: This service is not available to Registered companies
How It Works
All regular members can perform a risk assessment on an entire supply chain, the origin or destination agents, or their own specific services and business partners.
- Links are added to the Sandbox based on function in the supply chain.
- Links can be added, removed and moved around in the Sandbox as required using our drag and drop feature.
- Each time a link is added our algorithm is executed to calculate the cumulative risk at that particular function.
- The Sandbox factors in the mitigating effect of the BASC Index.
- A real-time Cargo Security Index (CSI) is calculated.
- Members can easily identify and review high risk elements in their supply chain.
- Members can choose the option to make any supply chain score visible to local customs through our Customs Direct Connect feature.
For your company
- Save time and money in development and administrative costs.
- Meet elements of “Best Practices” for Risk Assessment compliance requirements.
- Real time scoring of overall risks in any supply chain.
- Can be used for entire supply chain or local service “links.”
- Can be saved and retrieved for compliance audits.
- Can be emailed to Customs for use in risk assessment of established supply chains
- Provides ability to review detailed security profile for each link in the supply chain.
- Can be emailed to customers and partners.
- Powerful marketing and promotional tool.
For your customers
- Provide a graphic and scored risk assessment of your services.
- Help your customers meet best practices for their own risk assessment requirements.
- Provide supplemental risk assessment info to customs via CDC to ensure maximum benefits for your customers.
- Customers that are members of Global BASC can use the Sandbox record as part of their own risk assessment for their extended supply chain.
For Customs Officials
- Provides an additional tool for conducting risk assessments on current shipments.
- Provides Customs with a standardized index system for consistent scoring.
- Able to access risk assessment records via secure access and unique code.
- Access directory to view individual security profiles of parties involved.
- Include security profiles of additional local partners not included in the original security filing.
- Enables Customs to easily see unknown providers and other areas of potential risk in a supply chain and evaluate the “smoothing” effect of the BASC Index.